Position Description (PDF, 0.2 MB, 5 pages)
The Mississippi Watershed Management Organization is hiring a full-time Environmental Specialist. Responsibilities include:
- installation, operation and maintenance of monitoring equipment and instruments in the field necessary to implement the monitoring program;
- monitoring stormwater discharge and water quality at key outlets to the Mississippi River;
- developing and implementing quality control/quality assurance protocols for the water quality monitoring program to ensure that monitoring is conducted in an efficient and effective manner;
- developing field sheets and work logs for various monitoring activities;
- ensuring that monitoring data is regularly recorded in the database and incorporated with other agency data in a timely and accurate manner for analysis of water quality;
- reviewing, summarizing and analyzing water quality and quantity data and assisting in preparation of the Annual Monitoring Report;
- assisting in developing the annual monitoring plan and budget and maintaining reports on the annual monitoring budget and its records (payments, receipts) to ensure timely and accurate budget information; and
- participating as a member of the staff team for watershed projects and programs by cooperating with other staff, contributing ideas and providing comments when requested.
The MWMO’s mission is “to lead, and to foster stewardship of the watershed with actions that promote civic ownership and responsibility and through measures that achieve diverse and functional ecosystems.”
Please submit your cover letter, resume, a list of three references, unofficial copies of academic transcripts and a completed MWMO Employment Application Form to Dr. Udai Singh, Water Resources Director. Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on April 28, 2017.