Come intern at the MWMO! Get valuable experience and help us protect and improve the water quality of the Mississippi River.
Position Description (PDF, 0.1 MB, 3 pages)
The Mississippi Watershed Management Organization is hiring a part-time intern for the summer of 2017. This intern must have completed two years as a member of the Mississippi River Green Team. The intern will contribute to projects as defined by the Projects and Outreach Director while further increasing job experience in and exposure to environmentally related careers through mentoring by MWMO staff and partner organizations. Responsibilities include:
- conduct field work related to water quality monitoring or habitat assessment;
- conduct field observations and inspections related to stormwater best management practices;
- educate local communities about water, habitat and natural resources;
- assist in coordination of Mississippi River Green Team program;
- engage with partner organizations to learn more about environmentally related careers; and
- other activities, as needed, and time allows.
The MWMO is committed to providing a well-rounded experience to its interns. Interns have ample opportunities to network and learn about all areas of MWMO’s work during their employment.
Applications are due by April 7, 2017.